1. Although most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, there ARE some varieties that do not contain any nicotine at all. Instead they only contain the flavored vapor oil. However, there is a plus side to the e-cigarettes that contain nicotine. Unlike regular cigarettes, e-cigarettes do not contain any tobacco, tar, or toxic chemicals that contribute to cancer and other health problems. You can vaporize with peace of mind knowing that you are doing much less harm than you would smoking regular cigarettes.
2. E-cigarette oils have different levels of nicotine available for purchase. As previously stated, they range from no nicotine at all to a high amount of nicotine such as 16mg with varying mg’s in between as well. This is particularly helpful to those trying to cut back on their daily intake of nicotine. By choosing to use vapor oil with lower mg’s of nicotine, smokers can gradually decrease their need for nicotine. This is also extremely useful for minimizing the effects of withdrawal.
3. This one is a big on. COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Those battling with the disease and have a history of smoking find it nearly impossible to stop smoking at all. E-cigarettes are a much less dangerous option for these COPD sufferers. E-cigarettes give those with this disease, as well as those simply addicted to cigarettes, an opportunity for change.
4. PRICE. This alone could convince someone to make the switch. After buying a starter kit, which contains all the things you normally don’t have to continue buying after the first purchase (charging batteries, etc.), e-cigarette “packs” usually cost no more than $3.00. Compare this to a pack of cigarettes commonly priced anywhere from $7.oo-$14.00 a pack!
5. No ashes means no ashtrays. No revolting odors means no smelly clothes, hands, breath, hair, furniture, cars, you name it. You can even choose among a wide variety of “flavors” that actually smell extremely pleasant! This is one of the biggest pro’s. Because of the lack of ash, smoke (e-cigarettes only emit vapor), and aggressive smells, you can use e-cigarettes in places that regular cigarettes and cigars are not normally allowed.
E-cigarettes are not a cure-all for the addictive habit of cigarette smoking. However, with the right mind set, a little discipline, and a willingness to change, e-cigarettes are a huge step in the right direction.